Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bonus: Harry Potter vs. The Mortal Instruments

Yesterday, I shared with you guys the revamped review of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, where I mentioned feeling like it wasn't anything I haven't read before.

What I didn't tell you guys is that in the original review of the book, I included a table of comparison between my all time favorite Harry Potter and the book, because even back then - before I knew Clare used to be an active fanfic writer for HP - there were some similarities that were glaringly obvious, and skirted (to me) on the line between simple inspiration and... err, more. 

So today I'm sharing with you that table, this time graphically enhanced and easier on the eyes ;)
And those are just a few of the similarities between these two franchises. I don't really have to tell you which one I find better.

PS - how do you like the graphic? I worked really hard on cutting those faces you know xD

2 comments:

  1. I read TMI before I read HP (I KNOW), so I didn't notice the similarities. But I read the HP books a few months ago and now that I'm watching the show, the similarities are SO OBVIOUS. You forgot the flying motorcycle (Was that only in the show?!)! Haha! :D
    Good job on the graphic too! Cutting people is HARD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW!? Did you at least love HP? (Be careful, Nick... your life is on the line with this question lol)
      OMG THE FLYING MOTORCYCLE! yes, I totally forgot that!
      How are you liking the show? I've watched the first two but still haven't had the time to catch up to ep three (is four out as well?)

      Delete