Tuesday, March 15, 2016

DNF Review: Blind Attraction by Eden Summers

Reckless Beat #1
First Published: 2013
Free Kindle Version
Adult, Romance
Rating: DNF
He can seduce with a single glance.

Peering down at a sea of fans, rock star, Mitchell Davies can’t deny the innocent beauty of a woman in the front row. He’ll stop at nothing to get to know her. When a public altercation leaves her weak and defenseless, he takes the opportunity to be her savior.
She’s been sheltered from the world.

Alana Shelton wants to spread her wings and experience life away from her restrictive upbringing. But she isn’t prepared for a gorgeous stranger to sweep her off her feet while at her most vulnerable.

Attraction will bring them together, but their pasts will try to tear them apart.

He wants to teach her how to trust, but she’ll show him how to love. In a glamorous world of rock-and-roll, only time will tell if they’re up for the challenge.
DNF at 66%
Blind Attraction started interesting enough. I liked the idea of a truly sheltered girl, who lived in a house for abused women which her mother runs. That's some interesting back story there. But I was also immediately wary because of the instant connection the two share in one of his concerts. 

I carried on, and at first it was alright, but then... I just kind of got tired of the never-ending sex scenes, especially when they were repeatedly done with other people hearing/seeing them. Like, sure, this could be fun but it came across as kind of tacky and seriously, can no one get a semblance of privacy in this book?

I skimmed every sex scene after the first one.

Admittedly, this might have been as much my mood as anything else but I wanted plot. I wanted them falling in love. I wanted them talking. Less physical stuff and more meaningful stuff. 

But it really lost me when Mitch decided to back off to give Alana a... better shot at life? To make the hard decision so she won't have to? Dude, let her decide what she wants to do with her life and for god's sake, what's so bad about you aside for the being away part? And, frankly, I don't think a photographer would mind traveling all over the world with the band.

Of course, Mitch has no idea she's a photographer because they've known each other a total of two days, which consisted mostly of sex and him physically helping her due to her blindness.

So, yeah.

Ultimately, I've read so many better rock-star romances that I decided to just drop this one, even though I've read (or skimmed) more than half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment