Thursday, January 18, 2018

2018 Goals: Finish 10 Series!

Okay, now we're talking big goals here. 

This one is going to be extremely tough for me, based on last year's performance. You see, last year, I read mostly series that are considered a series of standalones. Which means that every time I opened a book, I was committed to that single story itself and not really the series because they don't usually connect in a bigger arc.

This year, I plan to do some serious series reading (see what I did there? lol). Still, I'm going to keep it at ten because I think I can do ten (hopefully). 

And I am going to consider finished series of standalones in this one, just to help things along.
You can come back to this page throughout the year to see my progress!

Potential Series to Finish 
1. The Lunar Chronicles - Definitely a top priority for me as I only need to read Winter. I even read the first 100 pages before, I just got so anxious I stopped lol (I need my babies to be alright...)

2. The Ascendence Trilogy - I need to read the second & third book, but I own them all and these are a top priority as well, since I really want to knock it off my shelves.

3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone - I plan to re-read the first book and then binge two, three & three and a half now that I own the whole series.

4. The Grish Trilogy - same with DoSaB I'm going to re-read the first and then being the whole series AND start Six of Crows.

5. The Mistborn Trilogy - I'm counting only the first trilogy in the series since the second follows completely different characters. I was so in love with the first book, and then I accidentally read a spoiler for the third one and entered "protection mode". Anyways... I'm going to do this!

6. Starbound Trilogy - I thought the first book was just really beautiful, and I am set to have book two in the coming month and I bought the third one on my trip to London, so my plan is to re-read the first one and then dive into the remaining two to knock this beautiful series of standalones (with a connecting arc) into the read pile!

8. Morganville Vampires - so... I'm stuck on book 13 out of 15. Like, I've got to finish it now. But I have to admit that the series has really gone downhill once the original plotline was resolved. It just doesn't compare to what it was. I hope Caine doesn't make this mistake with her other series and just finishes them where they should be finished instead of dragging them on like this.

9. The Heroes of Olympus - I nearly forgot about this one! My God... I really enjoy these books, but nothing about them makes me need to read the next one immediately after finishing one, so I end up just... letting them hang. I only need to read the two final books, so I'm going to work on that this year!

10. Bridgertons - I need to read just the final novel to finish this one, and I own it! I just.. I read some things about it that made me not read it, but it all ends this year!

11. Lux- the first one of this pile that I'm putting more on "maybe" than anything else. I really enjoyed the first one, but then I never really felt the need to read the second and even stopped reading aforementioned second close to the end. But I'm going to give this one final shot before deciding anything. Maybe I'll re-read the first one again... we'll see.

12. Mythos Academy - this one goes into the maybe pile. I liked the first book (wasn't in love with it though), and I own almost all the other books in the series, so I think I'll try re-reading the first and see where it goes from there.

13. Song of the Lioness - another one for the "maybe" pile. If I'll find the final novel for cheap, then I'll read it. If not, then not. I've never been a big fun of this series, 's all...

Potential Series to Start & Finish (Own all)
1. White Rabbit Chronicles - I own the entire series and I love Showalter's adult series, so this one seems like a no-brainer (I think this one is considered over, but I'm not actually sure).

2. Six of Crows - I really want to read this series, but since I have started Shadow and Bone before I kind of can't do that until I finish that one (call it OCD!)

3. Blue is For Nightmares - I somehow found myself owning all the books as they came discounted on Kindle, so I figure what the heck, let's 

4. A Darker Shade of Magic - I have wanted to read this one for a long time, and I now own all the books in the series and thefore... I shall! 

5. Kiss of Deception - I am waiting for the second book to arrive on my doorstep, but once it does I will have the entire series in my hands and that means... time to read the eff out of them! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment