Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Raw, Creepy and Haunting: Meg Myers | Musical Obsessions


Today, I'm sharing with you guys the fantastic creator that is Meg Myers. I originally found her through this fantastic trailer artist that featured one of her songs in her The Raven Boys trailer and I've never looked back since.

Her songs are raw, creepy, and haunting. It's the soundtrack of a haunted house or a murder spree, if that makes any sense, and it's one of my favorite themes in music. Yes, I'm slightly morbid.

In some of these songs, her voice grates as if she's screaming her soul out and it's glorious. But I don't mean screaming like metal music or anything... you'll just have to check some of the videos bellow to understand what I mean haha

So, I'm going to link to three of my favorite songs of hers (I love so many of her songs, it's not even funny).
Lemon Eyes 
Desire
Go - couldn't find the video here so take a link and a gif ;)

Also top favorite recommendations: Heart Heart Head, Adelaide, Sorry, 

So... did you like the songs? Which one is your favorite? Are you going to listen to more songs by her?

No comments:

Post a Comment