Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake | Game Review

Hello my friends, it has been a long long time since I have last posted on this blog. Mostly because I have not been reading at all but focusing on my new novel. I'm too scared that other books' writing style may affect my story to read anything while writing this, so this is a somewhat blessed hiatus.

Anyways, it's not as if I am not doing fun things. I am watching anime, drama and playing games, anything that doesn't involve reading words. And as part of this, I have played Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake today.
For those of you who don't know, the Nancy Drew games are a series of games where you play as Nancy Drew, young sleuth, who must solve the mysteries she keeps finding herself in before they kill her! Nancy is always a fun character to play as; she is smart, sharp and sassy, and she bows down to no one!

In this mystery, You, as Nancy, must pick up the cold trail left by a notorious gangster who once lived in the lakeside cabin recently purchased by Nancy’s friend. Are the ghostly legends true, or is there a flesh and blood answer to the dogs’ haunting howls?

These games are the definition of Nostalgia for me. I played them as a child with my cousins, who lived in America and whom I only saw in the summers. They introduced me to these games and helped me understand the English in them until I was thirsty to play on my own and continued with them at home. Ever since then, I have played all the Nancy Drew games that have come out to date.

Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake was one of those my cousins lent me and I accidently on purpose never gave back.  It was one of my favorites growing up, especially since it had dogs in it, and I love me a good doggie!
Playing it again, I have to say you can definitely see how far this game-series have gone. New games are far more exciting and action packed, and the puzzles are harder and more prominent, but there is something very fun about going back in time as well. It was very calming and relaxing it its own way. 

It's funny for me to play this now; it took me barely two hours to get through this entire game, when as a child I worked on it for about a week. It seems silly that those riddles were ever hard for me, but there you go. I'm going to take this as a positive confirmation that I have grown smarter over the years haha

The only thing lacking was the actual villain. I actually remembered who it was and searched for clues throughout the game, but there weren't almost any. It was a bit disappointing to realize there was no build up for this mystery, and I look forward to seeing how the other games fare in this department as I play through them!

No comments:

Post a Comment